Does cashew juice go bad? Have you gotten cashew apple fruit in large quantity and wondered if they go bad. have you ever wondered how to keep this astonishing and refreshing taste of your cashew fruit juice for a long time?
Then I guess that the reason you are here. Read on!
So, does cashew juice go bad?
Yes! cashew juice can go bad. Cashew juice can stay a while if stored in the right place and under the right condition but, if not given the right condition which is if not refrigerated or frozen it will go bad.
The best by date for industrial cashew juice tells it all
If not given the two above mentioned conditions it will eventually go bad.
Notwithstanding that the cashew juice is a special, refreshing, and appetizing taste and flavor when served chilled it brings an astonishing different taste entirely.
I recommend the cashew juice after stressful long working hours. I how cashew keeps me hydrated on a sunny day while coming back from the farm it quenches my taste and keeps my belly sealed from hunger.
Oh! I would never forget it in a hurry.
How Long Does Cashew Juice Last?
Homemade cashew juice lasts for 5 to 10 days refrigerated. While it lasts for 2 to 3 weeks in the freezer especially when frozen. The industrial produced and well-packaged cashew juice last according to the estimate of sell-by date from the manufacturer.
|3-4 hours||5-10 days||2-3 weeks|
If you do not notice any signs to tell if it has gone bad after the sell-by date elapses, you are still free to consume it. This fruit is very nourishing and great fruit to keep you hydrated.
cashew juice has a longer shelf life than watermelon and ginger juice.
How To Make Cashew Juice
I know you might think of making your homemade cashew juice.
Well, it’s quite simple if you intend to make it yourself.
I will give you a step by step process that you can use to prepare your homemade fresh cashew juice.
These are the instructions or guides for preparing your refreshing cashew juice.
Ingredients needed for juicing.
- 1 dozen Cashews fruit
- 2 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (Optional – Do not use if you want to go natural)
- 3 drop vanilla extract flavoring (Optional – Do not use if you want to go natural)
- 1 cup of water
- Wash the cashew fruit properly to remove dirt and remove the nut
- Cut up the fruit into cubes ( be careful not to get the fruit on your clothing as it stains )
- Put the fruit in a blender with the water and purée
- Pour the juice through a strainer into a container. Discard the fiber left in the strainer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract flavoring to the container (this step is optional as you can go natural).
- Mix the juice.
Now your fruit drink is served. It is best served over ice.
How To Tell If Cashew Juice Go Bad
Telling, if your cashew juice is bad is pretty easy. with your sense of smell, you could easily tell that your cashew juice is bad and no longer good for consumption.
Again when you taste your refreshing fruit water and notice an unusual taste from the juice, it perfectly tells you that it has gone really bad.
Always discard it when you notice this.
Appearance or color are often clear signs of oxidation or the juice going bad it will change its color from the initial. When in doubt, throw it out
How To Preserve It
When buying or making cashew juice you should also have in mind the way you tend to preserve it. Make sure you ask yourself this question any time you are buying fruit ” what if it goes bad” One of the ways of preserving this amazing fruit
Store your fruit drink for as short of a time as possible. (Drink as soon as possible)
Use a slow juicer or a blender for it. I would like to say that, a blender wins this race
To extend the life of your processed fruit use Glass or Stainless Steel Containers to store your drink.
Remove the air from the container by “overfilling” of vacuuming out the air.
Keep your juice cold by keeping it in a refrigerator or ice chest
Well among the listed ways to preserve your fruit drink.
The most paramount method is storing in a fridge or freezer.
It helps to keep the temperature very low, and this would save your sweet drink from going bad. Store it in the fridge or freezer and check up on it daily.
What Does Cashew Juice Taste Like?
Cashew juice tastes sugary in an apple-like mixed pineapple taste. In the mouth, it contains lots of water that can keep you hydrated. If you taste an unripe cashew juice, it will taste a bit sour and can make your throat feel uncomfortable.
When it comes to the issue of taste it’s quite hard trying to describe the taste of a thing. We can only compare with others.
There is one unique feature which this fruit posse. which is the presence of tannins apart from that.
A cashew apple is quite sweet, slightly tangy and it has a somewhat astringent bite to it at the end.
When comparing with other fruits, I think it tastes a little bit like a mix between an apple and a pineapple, but without the acidity of the pineapple.
There are also some tones of guava on it.
Is It Good For Your Health?
Cashew juice is of great benefits to our health and body in general, below are some of the functions of cashew juice
Ripe cashew apples are a good source of health-promoting nutrients.
1. It contains high Ascorbic Acid which is 5 times higher than that of orange and 7 times more than pineapple.
2. Besides vitamin C, it has several other compounds with high antioxidant potential such as Carotenoids, Flavanoids, Polyphenol, Phenolic Acids, Tannin, etc.
3. Antioxidants are said to be associated with lots of health benefits. As it helps neutralize free radicals in our bodies.
4. Free radicals are unstable atoms which makes it highly reactive with other cellular structures thereby causing damage to proteins, DNA, and cell membranes by stealing their electrons. Antioxidants can give electrons to a free radical without becoming destabilized themselves.
5. Hence, the best way to fight free radicals is with antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables.
6. The cashew apple is rich in phenols, tannins, and vitamins they may be considered relevant sources of antioxidant compounds, which are necessary for good health.
- Cashew apples possess anti-bacterial properties and have been proven to be effective in treating stomach ulcers and gastritis, which is usually caused by H. pylori bacteria.
8. It helps in brain functions
9. Help to increase red blood cells
10. Help to control minds
Cashew juice is one of my favorite juice, I wrote this with my experience and consulted a few genuine sources for a guide.
I hope you enjoy reading and experimenting what your fruits and vegetables idea with us. To make our community more knowledgeable you can always drop your comments in the comment section to help us improve and serve you better.
Hope you remember the topic we started from or didn’t you read it very well, let me remind you that the first question is does cashew juice go bad?