Cherries are easily added to any diet or dish and are fruity and also delicious, they’re excellent combos and better for either popping in your mouth or garnishing in a drink. Having surplus cherries on the counter and thinking what to do with them? unfortunately, you don’t have any idea how to store them and how long they last. So, how long do cherries last in the fridge?
Fresh cherries last for 5 to 10 days in the fridge before going bad, if you store fresh cherries in the right conditions in the refrigerator. They can keep fresh for more than the estimated period.
Storing your cherry in the fridge is a nice idea, it makes it more accessible for urgency in making unaware cocktails.
Especially when your cherry is needed for popping into the mouth or you want to garnish them into your dish.
How Long Do Cherries Last In The Freezer?
Cherries last for 10 to 12 months in the freezer before they can go bad, if you store them properly in their right conditions in the freezer.
Properly stored cherry in the freezer will maintain the best quality ever,
This is because by removing your cherry from the freezer you will see that, it still retains its freshness and sweetness.
Are you a fan of smoothies? Then I guess frozen cherry isn’t new to you,
Using frozen cherries for smoothies is heavenly and adds a great feeling.
Storing your cherry in the freezer gives it longer storage and increases the shelf life of your cherries.
Always store them in the freezer to get the best from your cherries whenever you want to eat them.
Also, here are some posts I think you will like to read on food, fruits, vegetables, and juices shelf life
- How long do cranberries last in the fridge? Cranberries are a lot more fun and sweet to eat, know how to store and tell if this fabulous fruit goes bad.
- How long can you keep grapes? Do you know that grapes have a long shelf life? They last very well in their storage settings. Know how to store them and how to tell if they go bad.
- How long do pears last in the fridge? Do you know that pears have a good shelf life both in the freezer and counter? Know how to store pears and how to tell if they go bad.
- How long does shredded cabbage last? This amazing fruit lasts for some days before it can go bad. Know how to store them and how to tell if they go bad.
- How long do beets last in the fridge? I bet you can’t compare beets with most fruits of the world, their health benefits are enormous. Know how to store and how to tell if they go bad
How Long Do Cherries Last On The Counter?
Cherries last on the counter for 2 to 3 days.
Do not ever store your cherries on the counter if you will not eat them immediately.
Storing this amazing fruit on the counter is a sign that you want to waste it,
Unless you will have to eat this melodious fruit within a day or two, then you should store them on the counter but if they won’t be eaten immediately,
Keep them in their right condition in the freezer.
- How to make Pickled Corn? Pros and Cons
- Best scrubber for stainless steel Pans
- What can I use instead of a whisk?
- How to use pampered chef can openers?
- How long does Nutribullet last?
How Long Do Cherries Last In Alcoh0l?
Cherries will last indefinitely in alc0hol, if you store them in their right conditions, they do not go bad easily.
The best alcohol to use is the vodka. But if you want to you to them, soak them for some time,
Most people like alcohol-infused cherries maybe because of their health benefits or traditional recipe.
How Long Do Pitted Cherries Last In The Fridge?
Pitted cherries last for 5 to 7 days in the fridge before going bad, if you store them properly in their right conditions in the fridge.
Do you know that pitting this very fruit is simple? It doesn’t require much task.
How Long Do Maraschino Cherries Last In The Fridge?
Maraschino cherries when opened last for 3 to 4 weeks in the fridge before Maraschino cherries can go bad, if you store them properly in their right conditions in the refrigerator.
Unopened canned maraschino cherries last for 12 to 18 months or more before going bad, if you store them properly in their right conditions in the fridge.
Unopened canned maraschino cherries last longer in the fridge than opened maraschino,
This is because it’s not opened and no reaction between the fridge and the container.
You can also check for the manufacturer’s best-before, sale-by date, or use-by date.
Trying to save your maraschino cherries to decorate your frozen yogurt, baked ham, cakes, or milkshakes and ice cream to make a cocktail?
Then the fridge is the best way to save them and also store them, since storing them in the freezer will freeze all the syrup together.
How To Tell If Cherries Go Bad?
Having worries about eating bad cherries because you do not want to pay a visit to the doctor,
Or do you naturally hate foodborne disease?
Here are some signs to tell if your cherries go bad;
Look at your cherry and check for any form of discoloration,
If there is black spot on them, the usual color begins to change gradually.
Know that they are not worth eating anymore.
Presence Of Mold
Check for the appearance of mold and also check for maggots( white worms),
If you see a ring-like structure either white or brown, know that the structure is mold. Toss them and get fresh ones.
If any of these signs are seen do not eat such cherries, the appearance of any of these signs
They simply mean that such cherries are bad and discarded immediately.
Cherries Smell Off
Smell your cherries. To avoid allergy or breathing difficulty, smell from afar.
When you perceive an off smell or sour or fermenting smell,
Such as cherry is bad and should not be eaten,
Toss them out immediately to avoid food poisoning.
Touch your cherry. When the texture is soft, bruised, mushy, and wrinkled,
Such cherry is bad, toss them immediately when you discover any of these signs.
Stay safe eat healthy, and try to practice food hygiene at all costs to avoid food-borne illness.
When Your Cherries Sit Too Long In The Fridge Or Freezer
When your cherries have been sitting too long in your fridge, freezer,
Or on the counter, they should be discarded immediately, and avoid eating them.
When experiencing such an ordeal in any of your cherries,
Do not eat them but instead throw away to avoid what we all call “had I know”.
How To Store Cherries To Last Longer?
Storing your food or fruit is one way of saving an empire.
Storing your food is one way to reduce tension, saving time, energy, and resources.
Here are some tips to store your cherries from going bad and to make them last longer.
When purchasing your cherries from the grocery shop,
- Make sure you go for the cherries with a bright green stem color or perhaps no cherries with a stem,
- Go for the cherries with a deep red color that is firm. Such cherries last longer and have no worries about when it will go bad.
- After purchasing your cherry, do not wash your cherries all at once. Only wash the cherries you will eat immediately. Washing cherries makes them go bad easily and won’t have a long shelf life and moisture.
- If you purchased a cherry with a stem, leave the stem on it because it promotes the this amazing bright red fruit to have a longer shelf life.
- When you purchase your cherries, do not cover them,
- Store your cherries in a cool place and avoid direct sunlight from reaching them. Keeping them under these conditions, makes this amazing bright red color fruit go bad easily.
How To Freeze Cherries
You can also freeze your cherry by placing your cherry on a baking sheet,
Then place it in your storage bag in the freezer,
Before that, place a hole on both sides of the storage bag to allow ventilation,
When placed in the freezer separate your cherries from other fruits and food.
If you purchase your Luxardo cherries, store them in a cool dark place like a cupboard,
Do not freeze as their syrup will crystallize while in the fridge.
- Do blender blades get dull?
- Does coffee creamer go bad in the storage place?
- How to flip a pancake without a spatula?
- How to clean burnt greenpan?
- Are rubber spatulas dishwasher safe?
This amazing bright red color fruit has some interesting nutritional values like,
They help to keep a healthy hearth, helps to ease the symptoms of arthritis,
Also rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammation.
Do not mix our shelf life estimates up with your medical advise, if you eat bad Cherries, go and see a doctor.
Remember, I started with the question ”how long do Cherries last in the fridge”