How long does argan oil last? Does it go bad? Argan oil is gotten from kernels and originates from Morocco.
It has nutrients that are essential for the body and helps prevent heart diseases, diabetes, cancer, and skin diseases.
It is used in healing wounds and is most effective when it is ingested.
Another benefit is that it regulates sebum on the skin, balancing the complexion.
To get this effect, apply a generous amount to the skin.
It also serves hair purposes by preventing hair loss or breakage and it enhances hair growth.
For culinary purposes, it can be eaten with bread for breakfast.
Don’t worry, you can get your organic argan oil here at the amazon stores and it’s quite affordable.
In this post, you will learn more about the shelf life and storage hacks of this great liquid
Ranging from how long does argan oil last? Does argan oil go bad? How to tell if it is bad and how to store this liquid to make it last longer.
Don’t forget to drop your questions and observation in the box and read carefully.
So, does argan oil go bad?
Argan oil will go bad after a very long period of time and if you don’t store it properly in the right conditions necessary. It could stay up to 3 years in its best condition after which it will go bad.
There is no precise expiration date, so long as it begins to smell off, discard it immediately.
If you keep it at a hot temperature, it will have a shorter life span, become cloudy or rancid.
How Long Does Pure Argan Oil Last?
Pure undiluted argan oil will last 2 to 3 years. To ensure its longevity, store it in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
You can also keep it in the refrigerator.
Exposure to air will make it go bad quickly.
This liquid may have an expiration date but does not necessarily go bad at the time of the date.
Can You Use Expired Argan Oil?
Your skin or hair will not benefit from expired rancid argan oil.
Using expired oil will not be good especially if it has gone bad and gives off a bad smell.
It is totally unsafe to use them on hair, skin, or ingest them.
If it is not yet rancid at the time of expiration, it is still safe to use.
How Can You Tell If Argan Oil Is Rancid?
Here are some signs to tell if argan oil is bad;
- Rancid smells are rotten and bad.
- It doesn’t have a pleasant smell at all.
- It may also become cloudy rather than clear.
- The color changes and becomes darker.
- At this point, your senses are the best way to tell if it is rancid or not. Rancid oil should not be tasted.
What Does Argan Oil Smell Like?
Argan oil smells fresh and nice when it is in its best condition. It smells like nuts and is appealing to the eyes and nose.
It is clear in color and not cloudy.
- How long does ginger water last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Does passion fruit go bad in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- How long does pomelo last in the fridge, freezer, and on the counter?
How Long Does Argan Oil Last In Hair?
Argan oil is used in hair to make it lustrous. It will keep the hair shiny for 2 to 3 days because it has much-concentrated oil content and will sink deep into the hair and scalp.
Also, it keeps hair soft, increases growth and elasticity.
All you need do is, apply it to your hair and massage thoroughly to the scalp for 10 minutes.
Then, wrap up the hair in a towel overnight.
It keeps the hair shiny and prevents hair loss.
It can be used with coconut oil, castor oil, or jojoba oil.
To get more effective results, use it as a conditioner, protective spray, hydrating hair mask, shine hair oil, styling product, scalp treatment, etc.
Leave enough time to allow the hair to absorb the benefits.
How Long Does It Last Once Opened?
Depending on the quality of the product, brand, and purity, argan oil will last 6 to 12 months once opened.
It should be used within that time or sooner, once it has been opened.
- How long does soda bread last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Can snickerdoodles go bad in the fridge, freezer, and on the counter?
- How long does infused oil last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
Can Josie Argan Oil Go Bad?
Josie Argan oil will go bad after a while. It can last 12 to 18 months and be of its best quality. But if produced with added preservatives, it can last up to 2 years.
Josie should be stored properly to enjoy a long shelf life.
Before applying Josie’s Argan oil, cleanse the skin first.
The oil smells fresh like onions.
It does not clog at all and becomes cloudy only when it gets bad.
It may also become discolored and turn rancid if exposed to heat and sun.
If left unopened, it will be fine and can last for long compared to when opened and exposed to air.
Bad Josie’s fresh liquid will smell unpleasant, like earth.
How To Store Argan Oil?
Here’s how to keep this liquid to make it last longer;
- Store in a cool, dark place in an air-tight container.
- A darkly colored bottle with a lid.
- Always ensure that lid is well tightened and keep it closed when not in use because exposing it to air will make it go bad.
- Do not use a wet dropper cap because water is not good for oil.
- Do not store it with other products because letting them mix together will influence the smell.
- When storing this liquid, keep away from air, heat, moisture, and light.
Get this liquid for your skin glow, hair growth, and internal care of the body.
It has proven to be very beneficial and essential.
However, ensure you get a good brand and store it properly to increase the shelf life.
Remember, how long does argan oil last? Does it go bad?