How long does kit kat last? This precious candy is a wafer bar that is coated with dark milky chocolate.
It was formerly produced by Rowntree’s in the united kingdom in 1935 but is currently owned by the nestle company since 1988.
However, it is produced by H.B Reese candy company in the United States since 1970.
Are you this candy lover that lacks a storage method?
Did you buy them in bulk and later there happen to be much leftover on the ground and thinking of throwing them all out?
Kit kat’s a candy with its flavors who wouldn’t love to have them at home, talk more about throwing them out?
This article is an exciting and intriguing one, that will want to make you have this candy always in your house
This is because its storage will be too easy this article of storage ranges from how long does it last? How to tell if it is bad, how to store kit Kat if it is vegan, and many more.
Read up, do not skip a line to miss out big time, and don’t forget to leave some comments on the comment section.
So, how long does kit kat last?
After production, kit kat will last for 10 to 12 months(1 year), before going bad if you store it properly in the right conditions necessary.
Ensure to check the expiration date to know how long it will be good for before buying.
Homemade kit kat lasts on the counter for 7 to 10 days before going bad and in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks before going bad if you keep it properly in the right conditions necessary.
Once open kit kat can last for 7 to 8 days before going bad.
Since this candy is high in sugar and low in moisture it will help increase its shelf life thereby lasting for a long.
One good thing about this candy is that you can eat it at any time of the day, in the morning, noon or night.
- How long do pomegranate seeds last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Do pickled onions go bad in the fridge, freezer, and counter?
- How long do pickled beets last in the fridge, freezer, and pantry?
How Long Does Kit Kat Last After Expiration?
Kit kat lasts for 2 to 3 weeks after the expiration date and this time, it doesn’t matter your place of storage.
I’ve seen many people asking if it can expire or go bad quickly.
Did you buy them in bulk and couldn’t finish them all before they get expired and wondering what next to do?
Are you worried that you will have to throw them out?
Good news for you, you can still consume it after 3 weeks because of the best before date.
They can pose a health risk which only refers to how long they will remain fresh and good for consumption.
To get the expiration date of this candy, check the behind of the package and the format come in MMYY(month and year of production) or it can come in letter and number.
The number refers to the year of production and the letter the month of production which can differ.
After 1 month of expiration, the wafer won’t be crispy anymore but overly soft.
At this point do not eat, instead, throw them out.
- How long does gazpacho last in the freezer, pantry, and refrigerator?
- Can cheerios go bad in different storage conditions?
- How long does okra water last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
Can You Freeze Kit Kat?
Yes, kit kat is freezer-friendly. You can freeze it and keep fresh for as long as 10 to 12 months, whilst open or unopen. Also, keep the homemade frozen kit kat for 3 to 6 months, before going bad.
To get longer storage and increased shelf life of your wonderful candy, then you should try storing them in the freezer
And stop thinking of elsewhere for storage.
This candy has different varieties and flavors like kit kat cookies, cream, kit kat green tea, kit kat apple pie, kit kat strawberry cheesecake, kit kat baked sweet potato, etc.
- How long does watermelon juice last in the refrigerator, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Can unopen strawberry jam go bad in the fridge, freezer, and on the counter?
- How long does velvet cake last in the fridge, pantry, and freezer?
Is Kit Kat Vegan?
Kit Kat is not all vegan except for kit kat V which is a certified vegan and is made from 100% cocoa where the milk is replaced with rice.
Lacto vegetarians can consume this product but real vegans cannot.
This is because they contain dairy products like milk.
Is Kit Kat Peanut Free?
Kit kat is 100% peanut-free and according to their website, it is produced in a peanut-free facility for easy control and management.
If you are having a peanut allergy, worry less about that because you can eat them since they are peanut-free.
How To Tell If Kit Kat Is Bad?
Did you come across expired candies in the place of storage and wonder if it can be good for eating?
Here are some signs to tell if kit Kat is unfit for human consumption;
The Appearance Of Kit Kat
Firstly, all you need to check is how the package appears.
Check for any form of discoloration, the presence of mold, any leaking, bulging, or loose package.
If there be any of these signs, quickly throw them out and get this king-size kit kat at the amazon stores
It’s way too bad to consume.
Having A Nice And Smooth Smell
This candy has a sweet and great smell.
When it comes to chocolate just their smell attracts you the same as this candy.
Smell the candy and when it smells bad or has a rancid smell, it is unfit for human consumption.
Discard it immediately.
How The Kit Kat Feels When Touched
This is a candy bar with a crispy and firm texture.
Feel the texture, when it becomes stale, slimy, or too soft.
Discard it immediately.
Does It Taste Good?
Why do you love your kit kat?
I love mine because of the taste so when the taste isn’t there I’ll toss it.
Take a bite from this candy bar and taste for any bad or unpleasant taste.
If there is one, it shows it is not fit for you to eat.
All you have to do is to discard it immediately.
Whenever they have been sitting for too long on the counter, fridge, or freezer and they have passed their expiration date,
Throw them out immediately and don’t do experiments with your health.
- How long do dehydrated oranges last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Can open strawberry jam go bad in the refrigerator, freezer, and pantry?
- How long does sweet potato casserole last in the fridge, freezer, and on the counter?
How To Store Kit Kat To Make It Last Longer?
My mum use to say ‘whatever you store today properly will be available for use whenever you need it.
But when you just leave it like that you won’t see it to use some other time.
Proper storage can make you buy it in bulk and not worry about going shopping for Halloween or any holiday.
At-large is wealth and proper storage is gain.
Here are some tips on how to store kit kat to make it last longer in different storage conditions;
Storage On The Countertop
- Ensure to check the expiration date before buying.
- Store them in a candy dish once they’re open, to give them a long-lasting lifespan and prevent the presence of insects in them.
- Store kit kat at a temperature of 65°F – 72°F to avoid melting.
- Place them in a cool and dry place like that of the cabinet.
- Do not store in a place of high temperature and moisture.
- Avoid storing them directly to light to make them melt away.
Storing Kit Kat In The Refrigerator
- Check the expiration firstly before buying.
- Do not store them close to other foodstuffs with a strong smell.
- Opened ones should be stored in a candy dish or wrapped in cellophane to avoid going bad quickly.
- Wrap them tight with a paper towel place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge.
- Place them in a plastic wrap or container to prevent them from getting excessive heat and melting away.
For longer storage in the freezer, you have to refrigerate them firstly by wrapping them with a paper towel
This helps to protect them from smell or bad odor and seal them up tightly.
Then place them in an airtight container store them in the fridge for some days(1 to 2 days) and transfer them to a freezer bag
Or the freezer with the airtight container not forgetting to label them.
Do not store them close to any candy or food with a strong odor.
Let’s draft some summary on this product starting from the question ” how long does kit kat last ”
Without doubts, this candy is indeed a great one with its heavenly taste.
If you come across this, buy them in bulk and save them for the rainy day.
The shelf life and storage tips are what I have been able to put together above.
Kit kat has this enormous health benefits and its richness in cocoa makes it a full pack of body-enriching candy.
You can consult other health blogs to know more about the health benefits and nutritional values of this product.
Remember, how long does kit kat lasts is where all this began.