Can beet juice go bad? Adding beet juice to your diet will be a good choice, considering its numerous proven health benefits.
Drink a potion of beet juice to start a stress-filled day, it contains betanin which gives its unique dark red color. You can make a purchase of a high-quality juicer, especially for masticating beets. It has a separator that filters the residue and makes the fresh drink captivating.
Beet juice is one of the most nourishing fruits that people neglect or overlook, not knowing the nutritional value known to be filled with vitamins and minerals.
So, can beet Juice Go bad?
Yes! Beet juice can go bad, if not stored properly or keep in the right condition it requires. The best condition to keep your beets juice is at a cool and humid temperature. Always store beet juice in the refrigerator or freezer.
To keep away harmful bacteria, store in the refrigerator it can stay for 2days. This mouth-watering drink is mostly enjoyed with ice in summer.
Here are some affordable high-quality storage materials that you can buy directly from amazon store;
- PVC storage bag: This bag is very transparent and will make you easily detect when your juice is about to go south.
- Winco set of 6: These help ease in and outflow of your fruit drink.
- Plastic bottles: These are very transparent and portable for the storage of drinks.
- Amazing Ninja Bl660 Professional: This countertop high-quality blender has a watt base of 1100, a high crushing pitcher, and works very well.
Table of Contents
How Long Does Beet Juice Last?
Beet juice or sometimes called beetroot juice can last for 6 to 12 hours unrefrigerated. It lasts for 8 t0 10 days in the fridge. I suggest you consume your fresh beets juice the same day to get the maximum satisfaction and nutrients.
[table id=4 /]
In the freezer, your beets juice can last up to 6 months.
The nutritional value may decrease as long as it stays in the freezer.
As I said earlier, I will advise you to consume it immediately for its full health benefits.
I will always advise you not to allow the sweetness of this fruit drink to make you go for more than required. You may experience running stomach if you tach it too much
Always eat with caution. Do not allow someone to tell you that it is enough before you tell yourself the truth.
How Does Beet Juice Taste Like?
Beet juice possesses an earthy taste and smell due to the presence of geosmin. Some people dislike it because of this taste while others really like and enjoy it. However, trying out a new recipe that will give you a nice flavor isn’t a bad idea.
Remember the saying ” one mans food is another man poison.
You should not try what doesn’t work for you.
When I mean earthy taste, it means that it tastes like reminiscent of fresh soil.
The earthy taste is a result of geosmin that is present in beet juice.
Too much intake of this juice will cause more harm than good. So, drink moderately.
How To Make Beet Juice
Preparation of beet juice is not a big task at all.
But a bit tricky, because if you miss a step, it might cause your juice to go rancid.
I will be teaching you the step-by-step procedure in the preparation of your wonderful fruit drink.
Ingredients and equipment needed for making your homemade beet juice
To make it tastier, maybe you don’t want to have it organic then you have to add the listed items below.
But if you want it natural, only beet and honey is required
1) 2 small beetroot
2)2 small apples( you can also use any apple of your choice)
3) Lime or lemon
4) celery stalks
5) Small piece of peeled ginger
6)carrots and honey
- Wash all the vegetables and fruits properly and dry them
- Peel and cut the beetroot into long slices.
- Cut the apples and remove the core.
- Peel and cut the carrot into pieces.
- Cut celery into long pieces. If you notice any of the fruits or vegetables bad or going bad please remove them completely
- Turn your sliced fruits and vegetables into your juicer, put a glass or container under your juicer then turn it on
- Process all ingredients using your juicer except the lime/lemon (beetroots, apples, carrots, ginger, celery stalks)
- Squeeze the lime/lemon into the already prepared juice and stir properly
- Pour into a glass and serve chilled
Note: Adding the apples will make the earthy taste go and taste better.
You can add little water to your beet juice, Only if you like or think it’s too thick.
How To Tell If Beet juice Go Bad
Did you leave your beet juice for some time, and wonder if it goes bad?
Well, these are the signs to watch out for if you suspect that your beet juice is bad.
If you taste your beets juice and notice an acrid or funky taste from your freshly prepared fruit drink.
That is the perfect indication to telling that your juice is bad. You should dispose of it immediately.
Another way to know that it is gone bad is with the aid of your sense of smell.
Naturally, this fruit has an earthy smell when it is still fresh, though it may be hard to distinguish the earthy smell from this fruit drink when going bad.
If you are not familiar with it when they go bad, you may not notice the smell.
Whenever you are not sure of it, please throw it away.
Lastly, to tell when this health beneficial drink is bad is just the presents of molds and some other microbial activities.
Whenever you notice mold in your beets juice please discard it. Health is wealth they say.
How To Preserve Beet Juice
Are you thinking of a way to improving the shelf life of your beer juice? I recommend these two methods of preservation only for you to make your beet juice last longer.
Firstly, I recommend a refrigerator for you.
- It can stay good for 8 to10 days in the refrigerator still fresh.
- However, I recommend you consume your fresh beet juice immediately to get the maximum nutritional value and benefits.
- You can also freeze your beet juice for up to 6 months.
- The longer it stays in the freezer, the more you lose the nutritional value.
That is why we consume your juice fresh for maximum benefits. Keeping it in the freezer for a long time might make you lose its nutritional content with time.
Beat juice has so many health benefits.
It is very active in lowering blood pressure.
It helps to maintain a healthy weight and it also helps to improve stamina for exercise.
There are so many health benefits and I just gave you a few of them.
Hope you read through all of the articles and don’t forget to drop your comments and ask relevant question to help us improve.
Remember, we started from the question can beet juice go bad?